Sr. Cancer Registrar
Sr. Cancer Registrar
We Fight Cancer: Care That Never Quits®
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) delivers an extraordinary patient experience we call Patient Empowered Care®. We deliver state-of-the-art, high quality care through an integrative model where a team of experts puts patients at the center of their own care. Every day, you will help patients win the fight against cancer. Every day is challenging and rewarding beyond your imagination.
A Culture of Teamwork, Empowerment & Development
CTCA provides Stakeholders with exceptional support and easy access to a wide range of tools and resources they need to bring the best of themselves, every day. Our benefits, wellness, and compensation programs lead the market. We provide extensive training and career development opportunities that encourage professional and personal growth—it is a point of pride. We empower our Stakeholders to deliver the highest standard of care, which we call the Mother Standard®.
Maintain the efficient operation of the Cancer Program, including aspects of the Cancer Registry, Cancer Committee and Cancer Conference. Abstract medical records to maintain efficient and quality cancer registry database for continuation of accreditation standards of the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer. Ensure that patient follow-up rates are at least 90%. Reports data to the State Cancer Registry. The Cancer Registrar abstracts medical records by translating the medical terminology into standardized codes that record the patient's diagnosis and treatment information. Other duties typically include following up with registry patients to track progress, protecting patient information and assisting with special projects.
- Certified Tumor Registrar, or Eligible
- Prefer a professional certification in Tumor Registry or must be credentialed within 3 years of employment
- 3 years previous experience in Hospital abstracting, including knowledge of submission to State Registry
- College Degree or Associate Degree in Health Information Management preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically in Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Excel Tables and Databases
- Knowledge of ICDO and ICD 10 coding required
- General office and computer skills and typing required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge in Cancer Databases required (i.e. Metriq, IMPAC, Rocky Mountain, ERS, CNEX)
- Experience with medical terminology, anatomy and physiology
- Familiar with content and format of an electronic health record system for inpatient and/or outpatient records
The Best Place to Work
We call ourselves Stakeholders because we all have a stake in the care and success of every patient. Today, CTCA Stakeholders deliver healing and hope to patients fighting complex and advanced cancer in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Philadelphia, PA, Phoenix, AZ and Tulsa, OK. Each of our hospitals earned a Best Place to Work distinction and receives numerous accreditations that celebrate our culture of clinical quality, innovation, high performance and wellness.
Beyond The Resume, What We Look For
We select people with talent—people who thrive in an environment of continuous improvement. We are creative and resourceful problem solvers. We are inventors and innovators. As a CTCA Stakeholder, you make the difference in the life of a patient.
Do you see yourself working with a passionate team in a dynamic, high growth environment? Visit www.cancercenter.com/careers to begin your journey.