Lead RN - Infusion
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Responsible and accountable for coordinating nursing care for optimum patient outcomes.
Plans, directs and evaluates overall nursing care in the inpatient unit. Coordinates the activities in the department and makes staffing assignments. Monitors and educates the nursing staff. Responds to emergency situations as necessary. Accountable for practicing within the defined scope of practice for the Registered Nurse, Commits to providing safe, quality nursing care.
- Effectively communicates the mission of the organization/department to staff such that mission guides day-to-day activities. Effectively prioritizes staff and department work such that short and long-term benefits are balanced in day-to-day decision-making and problem solving. Effectively plans resources in order to achieve CTCA goals, quality care and overall patient satisfaction.
- Identifies patient and staffing problems/needs and sets priorities. Acts as an advocate and coordinator of patient care with other health care personnel and evaluates patient care measures instituted. Establishes priorities of patient care based on essential patient needs and available unit resources of time, personnel, equipment and supplies.
- Plans, delivers, directs, coordinates and evaluates therapeutic interventions based on needs identified in the assessment process. Documents interventions provided. Supervises care delivery by unlicensed support staff.
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in coordinating health care team members, patient care and unit activities. Assists in completion of staff schedules and changes, assures adequate staff available to deliver care. Establishes goals/objectives, prioritizes, anticipates problems and implements plans.
- Investigates the standards of care. Responsible for performance improvement as it relates to nursing. Documents and maintains pertinent statistics relative to nursing. Takes prompt measure to prevent and address performance and behavior problems.
- Acts as a resource for effective clinical management. Utilizes the nursing process and has evidence of validation of clinical skills necessary for those activities associated with the care of the patients.
- Identifies emergency situations and independently initiates appropriate action. Uses clinical judgment when issues arise to aid staff in decision making process.
- Current state Registered Nurse licensure required
- BSN required or enrolled in a BSN program within 6 months of hire and BSN completed within 3 years from hire
- Current BLS CPR
- ACLS Certification
- Three to five years nursing experience preferred
- Minimum of one year of RN charge management experience in the last three years in acute health care setting preferred
- Completion of ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy class preferred.
- Experience with oncology, intensive or emergency care and medical /surgical care desired
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.