CT Tech, PRN
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Hours: 7am - 7pm, 8hr shifts, some Sundays 8am - 5pm, rotating call
The CT/General Diagnostic Technologist (XR) operates all general diagnostic (stationary and portable x-ray, fluoro, portable and C-arm) and computed tomography equipment in a safe and proficient manner. Abides by and enforces all compliance requirements and policies, and performs these responsibilities in an ethical manner consistent with the organization's values. Produces high quality images with a minimum of repeats. Handles multiple room assignments and an extensive variety of exams on a daily basis. Communicates effectively with physicians, patients, families, and ancillary hospital personnel. Position may require cross training in additional modalities as directed by the Director of Imaging or Imaging Operations Manager.
- High School graduate or equivalent; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Satisfactory completion of formal Radiologic Technology training in an AMA approved school with registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technology in Radiography, ARRT (R), and Computed Tomography (CT) required; additional registry in Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) preferred
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Completes a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education bi-annually and remains "in compliance" with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology’s continuing medical education requirement (CME).
- Minimum of two years of experience after graduation in a major hospital setting.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knows cross-sectional anatomy of the head, thorax and abdomen, physiology and Computed Tomography terminology, practices and procedures.
- Venipuncture skill
- Knowledge of proper billing codes and physician billing procedures.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to patient and family rights, as identified within the hospital.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and unit function and strives to manage situations in a reduced risk manner.
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices in emergency procedures and personal protective equipment to protect from exposure to chemical, radiation and infectious hazards.
- Shows drive and creativity. Is willing to accept a challenge. Willingly takes on or seeks additional responsibilities.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.