Analytics Enablement Sr. Analyst
Cancer care is all we do
Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA), part of City of Hope, takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
The Sr. Analyst - Analytics Enablement works closely with the Director of Financial Data/Systems and Analytic Enablement to help lead a team of analysts in strategic and day-to-day execution ensuring all service level agreements and customer satisfaction goals are achieved. She/he collaborates with technical leaders, business units, and applications/integration teams to ensure understanding, alignment, and achievement of business and customer needs.
The Sr. Analyst - Analytics Enablement will lead the analysis of current and future requirements to effectively design analytics platform solutions while determining design feasibility from both technical and economic perspectives. She/he will coordinate the planning and development of highly complex engineering designs in support of the implementation of platform for integrated software, database, and analytics solutions. She/he will lead the development of an analytic technology ecosystem so that the tools work seamlessly together and ensure data scientists, data engineers, and analysts have the tools needed on the analytics platform. The Sr. Analyst - Analytics Enablement will lead the development of the analytics platform and fit the needs of the Data and Analytics Enablement team and support advanced analytics. She/he will provide operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades. She/he will build collaborative relationships with the broader architecture community to effectively maintain technical roadmaps and provide input into strategies and standards related to area of specialization. Lastly, she/he will provide direction and assistance to new and less experienced team members as needed. Qlik, Tableau, finance, EPSI, Lawson.
The Sr. Analyst - Analytics Enablement leads the detailed design of larger and/or more complex internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners, and partners. She/he provides leadership in software and hardware licensing, financial and capacity activities within the environment. She/he also provides thought leadership and expertise in emerging technologies with strategic technology vendors. The Sr. Analyst - Analytics Enablement with leverage technical, financial, and business insight to connect effectively with senior level management and their respective teams across the sites.
Skills, Education and Additional Information
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- QlikView or QlikSense experience
- Tableau experience
- 3+ years of data analysis or product management experience with consumer facing software applications and with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyze and visualize data
- Multiple prior project experiences working on Agile teams
- Experience using software project management tools such as those from Atlassian
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Additional Desired Qualifications
- Strong experience with various types of databases/application servers
- Understanding of and prior experience with software development and modern scripting languages
- Excellent understanding of how Web, application, and database layers interact including data flows
- Advanced SQL scripting knowledge
- Ability to perform data analysis
- Advanced skills in the use of modern work management platforms (e.g. Jira, Confluence, TFS, SharePoint, etc.)
- Possesses a strong business perspective to convey technology concepts and solutions that will satisfy the business requirements
- Promotes solutions that are cost conscious, while being technically sound and supporting business requirements
- Self-starter who is capable of effectively managing own time and ability to delegate to others
- Team-building and mentoring of others, promoting improved communication, documentation, technical skills, and interpersonal skills
Pay Range$85,309.53 - $140,431.20
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us. Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you’re ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-07790