Advanced Practice Provider
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s "Best Hospitals" in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California, Arizona, Illinois and Georgia.
The Physician Assistant is a provider working under the supervision of a physician.
Overall responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides appropriate patient care for patients with hematologic and oncologic malignancies to include recording patient medical history and physical assessment, developing therapeutic care plan, ordering diagnostic tests, interpreting test results, discharge planning and providing accurate medical record documentation.
- Educates patients in areas of procedures, pharmacology, self-management of side effects and available community resources.
- Provides symptom management for treatment related toxicities.
- Facilitates communication regarding goals of care including end of life decision making.
- Communicates with attending physician regarding plan of care and involves physician in clinical decision making of any issues that are outside the practitioner’s knowledge base or scope of practice.
- Collaborates and effectively communicates with referring physicians/clinicians and stakeholders.
- Demonstrates professional commitment through mandatory attendance at continuing education programs, independent reading, and other professional activities.
- Assists with coordination and continuity of care.
- Responsible for rendering excellent and professional care within the scope of the medical practice, hospital and regulatory guidelines.
- Assists in development and participating in departmental and interdisciplinary quality. improvement programs.
- Assist with training and orienting staff as needed,
- Follows HIPAA guidelines for the management of patient privacy and confidentiality,
- Attends team meetings, staff meetings, team huddles, and other meetings as requested; participate in meeting and team roles as requested,
- Assists with special projects as directed,
- All other duties as assigned by supervising physician, supervising advanced practitioner, or clinic manager.
Provides direct support for the inpatient unit. Serves as the primary liaison between the team, clinicians, and patients to ensure continuity of patient care.
Consults with the referring physicians to determine the appropriate interventions for patients and serves as a clinical resource.
Responsible for entering orders in the hospital EMR for medications in accordance with the hospital and state guidelines, admission orders, labs, imaging tests, IV fluids etc. as needed
Responsible for timely and accurate documentation. Responsible for H&Ps, participates in consults and follow-up visits, provides patient education, and obtains informed consents.
Responsible for the overall coordination of patient care; improves patient flow and communication with clinicians, stakeholders and patients. Assists in other clinical areas as needed.
Responsible for maintaining current licensure and certifications. Participates in stakeholder development and training. Attends the required meetings as requested to team and department goals
Leadership/Accountability - Provides and carries out the mission of the hospital and enterprise. Assist with the development of departmental policies and procedures. Performs other duties as requested by supervising physician.
- Completed a program approved by the Committee on Allied Health Education of the American Medical Association Council on Medical Education for the training of Physician Assistants; or Education programs on the Armed Forces of the United States, Public Health Service, or their successor agencies which meet the criteria specified by NCCPA. Successfully passing National Certification Examination
- Maintains required number of CME hours as required by the professional organization
Pay Range$98,166.43 - $161,616.00
Placement within the identified pay range is based on individual and market factors including, but not limited to, experience, education, credentials (including licenses and certifications), geographic location, market competition, skill set (including market availability of required skills), assigned/anticipated job tasks, and level of responsibility. These factors are considered without regard to an individual’s status as a member of any protect group pursuant to federal, state, and/or local law.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds, and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: JR-10421