| : || |
CANCER TREATMENT CENTERS OF AMERICA (CTCA)
Cancer Treatment Centers of America (CTCA) is a national network of regional, destination hospitals specializing in complex and advanced-stage cancer care. The CTCA model integrates state-of-the-art treatments and technologies with nutrition, naturopathic medicine, mind-body medicine, oncology rehabilitation and spiritual support. CTCA employs over 3,000 talented Stakeholders (employees) who create, deliver and continually improve the Mother Standard of Care® based upon what cancer patients need and value. CTCA Stakeholders form the backbone of the CTCA experience; and their energy, and passion, creates a home of hope and healing to cancer patients across America.
CTCA's newest hospital is located in Newnan, Georgia which is located in the Metro Atlanta region. It is a 226,000-square-foot, all digital facility focused exclusively on treating cancer. It includes 50 beds, ICU rooms, surgical suites, state-of-the-art radiation and infusion therapy departments, outpatient clinic rehabilitation and physical therapy department and onsite residential accommodations for outpatients and their families. We are currently seeking dedicated Stakeholders to help us fulfill our Mission and provide the Mother Standard of Care® to patients in the Southeast.
The Release of Information Correspondence Clerk responds to all requests for medical record information from various requestors including health care providers, patients, attorneys, third party payers, Disability, and subpoenas. All Release of Information must be in accordance with HIPAA federal regulations and state regulations. The Release of Information Clerk interacts with patients in person or by telephone and obtains appropriate authorization for release.
- Verifies that all requests meet the parameters for release in accordance with HIPAA federal regulations and state regulations so that patient confidentiality is assured. This entails knowledge of when a written authorization is required and when information can be released without patient authorization. Obtains authorizations as necessary.
- Performs release of information for continuity of patient care in urgent
- Situations in an expeditious manner by faxing information.
- Responds to all requests for information from the Patient Accounts Corporate Dept., as well as various requestors such as third party payors for reimbursement, quality review, patients, health care providers, Disability, insurance companies, attorneys, and subpoenas. Meets all due dates in processing requests.
- Maintains an accurate computerized log of requests received with the status or completion date. Updates the log as work on each request progresses. Scans requests and authorizations into the Release of Information Module for future reference.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of 1 year previous experience working in the HIM/Medical Records Dept.
Experience working in a Release of Information function is preferred, but not mandated. If no previous experience, requires a minimum of three months on the job training to become knowledgeable regarding applicable records release policies, including governmental regulations and confidentiality standards
- RHIT degree preferred